Monday, August 15, 2011

Puppy Number 8 - Hazel

Right after I got back from my friend Ryan's wedding in Alabama, our rescue group, Castle of Dreams Animal Rescue in Keyport, NJ, got a transport of 20 dogs from Tennessee - yes, 20! So that Saturday morning Ian and I drove up to Pam's house to pick up a pup. I was originally planning to take one of several black puppies that were all little baby puff balls, but when we got there we were greeted at the gate by little Hazel. She jumped up lightly on Ian and gave him this look as if to say "Are you here for me?" We looked around the yard at all the puppies and other dogs, but we kept coming back to Hazel. The clincher was when Ian saw her sample someone's coffee cup and didn't get caught! Ian likes clever dogs. So out we went with Hazel.

Hazel turned out to be a nice playmate for Teddy, although we only had her for a few days. I took her to the adoption event at Petsmart and we were only there for about an hour, and that was enough. She was adopted, along with Roxie the timid big beagle mama. Her new owner, Michelle, and her family are so in love with these two beautiful beagle girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment